Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Introductory Post

Hi, I'm Courtney and welcome to my blog. Since using my previous blog my life has changed drastically. Most important being that I finished my Bachelor's and moved to Rochester. Of course, I'm doing some of the same things I've been doing for the past few years.

Let me tell you a little about myself and what I do. I enjoy digital engagement. It's a career path that happened upon me three years ago when I was asked by Saranac Lake ArtWorks to create a couple social media pages. I planted that seed a year ago interning at the Adirondack Daily Enterprise as an A&E reporter, and built up some strong connections with many of the artists in the village. From there I created a page for the annual Studio Tour, and the NorthWind Fine Arts gallery. For a brief time I also blogged for the gallery The Local Fringe.

I love what I do for the art community up in Saranac Lake, but I also know that career opportunities in general are pretty tough to come by, unless I want to volunteer for the rest of my life. Online engagement is still a new thing for the village, seeing I was one of the first people to create and maintain a page for an active organization like ArtWorks. I'm happy to see most businesses there now have active facebook pages.

I knew in order to find an opportunity to do what I enjoy for a living, it would be better to seek out opportunity elsewhere. I'll admit that I'm still adapting to being in a new location. The weather hasn't gotten to me yet seeing that temperatures in the 20s are downright balmy compared to the -20 that hit Saranac Lake this morning.

Feel free to stay a while. I'll be primarily focusing on my own activities, life in Rochester, and thoughts on the digital world.

No comments:

Post a Comment