Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's Been a While

Well, not that long. To be perfectly honest, I've been rather busy. This is a lull before I get back to being busy.

Recently I formed a networking group for marketers with someone in my network. This morning was supposed to be our second meeting, but it's kind of hard to hold a meeting when everyone invited is unable to attend. If any job seeking marketers are interested, these meetings are weekly at the Panera on Monroe & Winton at 9:30 AM. I recommend the cinnamon crunch bagel.

The other exciting thing I did was help out Center for Emerging and Innovative Sciences (CEIS) with their annual University Technology Showcase. I had the pleasure of checking in many of the researchers who had registered for the event. It was a great event, and it's amazing what university researchers have been working on in Rochester and surrounding areas. A lot of great ideas.

My latest project is helping out with The August Group's June Career Fair. Just like with their December Fair, I am the marketing team lead again. This is going to be an exciting event, as MCC gave permission to expand the number of companies we'll be allowed to put on the roster.

Despite how much I've done, those are really the major things to report on. The other things I've been up to are still in development. Since the opportunity has arisen, later this month I'll be attending a celebration that's a part of the 59 Days of Independence project. Seeing as I'll have a personal experience with this project, and it utilizes social media, it will have its own entry. As much as I have knocked on Facebook in the past, they are still a very relevant tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment